Friday, April 1, 2016

Portrait Study #21


"Portrait Study #21", 14 x 11 In, Oil on Museum Board
The other day, rather than painting, I found myself cleaning up my studio, taking old tubes of paint to the recyling bin and putting frames and canvases in the closet, throwing out stuff and find a place for all those little things that have no home. I actually had this on my To Do list, but its one of those things that is easy to put off--until its impossible to paint with a clear mind unless its done. I still have a ways to go. One of the things I found as I was rearranging my bookcase, was an old songbook by Judy Collins, and because the sun is shining after weeks of rain, I've been singing in my mind all morning the Scottish song, The Wild Mountain Thyme--"For the summertime is coming..."

No comments:

Post a Comment