Sunday, August 21, 2016

Toward Moab


"Toward Moab", 10 x 12 In, Oil on Museum Board

I've been working on our environmental issue night and day and I haven't posted many paintings, though there are still quite a few from the spring and summer painting trips. We have appealed the industrial geoduck farm in Zangle Cove and that is a big legal effort. I'm learning things I never wanted to learn! Our beloved geoducks in the sub-tidal areas of Puget Sound are not only being illegally harvested and smuggled out of the country for top dollar, for the last 10 years we have been dealing with industrial farmed geoducks on our tidelands.

Who would have thought our lovely Puget Sound geoducks (means "dig deep" and pronounced "gooey-duck) would gain such a reputation! I love to go down on the Zangle Cove tideland with bare feet, sinking a foot into the mud and make my way out to the water on a minus 2 tide. The native geoducks just squirt up a storm or hang out (literally) in the mud.

For a true story about all the smuggling cons in the 80's and 90's in Puget Sound, read "Shell Games", by Craig Welsh. And go to our website to get an idea of what we are up against. http://protectzanglecove.org. I have great admiration now for all the people who have been fighting for the environment all these years.

Purchase this framed painting.
Contact me for questions about this painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment